Status Saturday: Fight Club Status UpdatesPieter posted in "Status updates". 7 years, 10 months ago
With Oscar-nominated director David Fincher in the talks for a Facebook pic about the founders of the social network, I was inspired to dedicate this Status Saturday to one of my favorite movies directed by him and written by Chuck Palahniuk: Fight Club.
…is Jack’s smirking revenge.
…is Jack’s cold sweat.
…is Jack’s raging bile duct.
…is Jack’s colon.
…is Jack’s complete lack of surprise.
…is Jack’s wasted life.
…is Jack’s inflamed sense of rejection.
…is Jack’s broken heart.
…is Jack’s status update. (Ok, I made this one up)
…is breaking the first rule of Fight Club by posting this.
To conclude on another Fight Club tip, here are the Rules of Facebook:
- You talk a lot about ‘Facebook’.
- You talk even more about ‘Facebook’ even to people who don’t know what the hell you’re talking about until their ears bleed.
- When someone pokes you or throws a sheep, your Facebook friendship is over.
- At least 100 friends.
- Post one status update at a time.
- No nude profile pictures, no uploading of drunk pictures either.
- Wall-to-wall conversations go on as long as they have to.
- If this is your first day on ‘Facebook’, you have to add the Random Name Generators application.