Facebook Places Adds Check-In DealsPieter posted in "Deals". 6 years, 6 months ago
Facebook today expanded its Places feature on mobile platforms with Deals in an attempt to kill two thriving birds called Foursquare and Groupon with one stone. By selecting “Places” in the most recent Facebook for iPhone app, or at touch.facebook.com on other platforms, and then touching the “Check in” button, you’ll see all Nearby Places that have on-going discounts, competitions or charity programs marked with a yellow icon. For starters, here are the initial stores, restaurants and other locations that have partnered with Facebook Deals. All you have to do is check in to activate the special.
- 24 Hour Fitness: Donating $1 to Kaboom to support children’s health for everyone who checks in to its fitness clubs.
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema: Hosting a free screening for whichever of their movie theaters gets the most check-ins, as well as giving free souvenir Facebook Places pint glasses just for showing that you’ve claimed the deal.
- American Eagle Outfitters: Offering 20 percent off.
- Chipotle: Giving its Facebook guests two entrees for the price of one.
- Gap: Giving blue jeans to the first 10,000 customers to claim their deal.
- Golden State Warriors: Inviting those who check in to an exclusive event with a basketball player on the NBA team from Oakland, Calif.
- Harrah’s: Offering a complimentary nightclub admission, buffet or other gift to people who stop by any of its 10 Las Vegas resorts.
- H&M: Offering 20 percent off.
- JCPenney: Giving $10 off any $50 purchase.
- Lululemon: Sharing the gift of yoga by giving guests a pass to a local yoga studio.
- Macy’s: Offering 20 percent off select merchandise.
- McDonald’s: Giving $1 per customer to the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- North Face: Donating $1 to the National Park Foundation for every person who checks in at a North Face store or National Park.
- The Palms: Upgrading your room or extending your weekend at the hotel another night–on the house.
- REI: Donating $1 to a local conservation non-profit when you visit its stores.
- San Francisco 49ers: Giving to the first 200 fans who check in the opportunity to buy tickets to a subsequent football game for just (you guessed it) $49.
- Starbucks: Donating $1 per guest to Conservation International.
- TAO and LAVO: Adding you and a friend to an upcoming guest list at one of the nightclubs for checking in.
- Texas Tech: Giving away 100 pairs of tickets.
- University of California at Berkeley: Letting football fans who check in form the human tunnel through which the players run.
- University of Nebraska: Inviting attendees to a meet-and-greet with a Husker living legend.
If you want to find out about the latest check-in deals or any other Facebook exclusive coupons and discounts as soon as we discover them, you can now “Like” the dedicated Deals by Reface.me Page we just launched.