Upside Down Facebook Day 2010 (LIVE)Pieter posted in "News". 6 years, 11 months ago
Finding our website logo kinda odd-looking? Confused by the rotated profile picture on our Facebook page?
Seriously, didn't you hear that today, June 9th 2010, is Upside Down Facebook Day? Flip 6/9 (June 9) around 180 degrees and see what you get. Exactly! What better day to turn Facebook upside down?
There are three ways you can join:
1 - Rotate your profile picture 180° for 24 hours.
- Go to http://www.facebook.com/album.php?profile
- Click on the image you have set as profile picture.
- Click TWICE on one of the two rotate icons (right above the "Tag This Photo" link) to rotate it 180°.
2 - Post ONLY upside down statuses, comments and wall posts.
- Visit http://reface.me/status-updates/rotate-text-flip-text-turn-text-upside-down and enter the desired status update or message in our upside down status generator.
- Copy-paste (select it, press CTRL-C, press CTRL-V) the upside down text to your status update field, to a friend's wall, etc.
- BONUS: Here are some funny Upside Down Status Updates if you lack the inspiration.
3 - And if you're really hardcore, you can turn your entire Facebook experience upside down.
- Go to http://www.facebook.com/editaccount.php?language.
- Change your primary language to English (Upside Down) for maximum upside down effect (thanks to Facebook for adding this crazy option since our last edition!)
Done this? Now help spread the word!
- First of all, if you haven't done so, RSVP here (the only official event page).
- On Facebook: tag us in your upside down statuses by typing @ followed by upside... (by now a dropdown menu should've appeared allowing you to select the event).
- On Twitter: use hashtag #udfd
Feel free to share your comments, thoughts and funny upside down statuses on our live stream below, or the UDFD 2010 event page. We also encourage uploading screenshots of your upside down Facebook profile to our event's wall.
Stay tuned for more news throughout the day!