Facebook Pumpkin CarvingPieter posted in "Humor". 2 years, 7 months ago
Sure, you assembled a ready-to-wear Facebook Halloween costume, but since you’re a total social media geek perfectionist you want to decorate your home with fancy Facebook pumpkin too. Don’t worry! We came across two completely free pumpkin carving templates with a Facebook theme.
- The first one is the Facebook logo turned into a carving template by a “crafty momma” called Tracy. You can download the template as a PDF over at Cool Pumpkin Stencils.
- The other one is the iconic thumbs up image with “You like this” as a caption underneath. This stencil can be printed straight from Fantasy Jr.
Here are Tracy’s instructions on how to transfer one of these designs onto a pumpkin:
- Pin or tape the template to the pumpkin.
- Score the design into the skin by poking holes through the template with a fork, nail or plastic poking tool.
- Carve by starting at the center of your design and working outward (this avoids putting pressure on areas already carved). Begin with the innermost and smallest details.
- As each shape loosens up, gently push it out of the pumpkin with a finger or a dull pencil point (a good job for young kids).
Tip: If you cut something you didn’t intend to, perform an ad hoc pumpkin surgery by sticking a toothpick through the flesh side of the piece and fit it back into place.
Show off your Facebook pumpkins and send pictures this way!